(by YJ Huang)
It was a terrible experience to use the Haier. Only after 3 years it became unfixable and there was an unknown oil leakage in the cabinet. Destroyed my wines! Poor quality.
Rating: poor quality
Haier HVDO24E Wine Cooler Review
- Capacity: 24 standard bottles (Bordeaux style, 750 ml)
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: black with tempered see-through glass and brushed metal towel bar handle, right door swing
- Cooling method: compressor
- Number of zones: one
- Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only, has leveling legs
- Temperature Control/Display:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat,
- Temperature Range: 45°F – 60°F (4.4°C – 15.5°C), preset temp. settings for red and white wines
- central control panel inside the cabinet on the top door frame with push buttons to set desired temperature if you do not want to use the automatic setting (dual setting for storing both reds and whites), incl. the interior light switch
- Display: LED readout, can be set to indicate temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Shelving: 5 pull-out chromed wire racks
- Interior Light: low-intensity LED lighting, you can turn it on/off by pressing the button marked with a bulb symbol: you can choose to leave the light on permanently or only if the door is open.
- Noise: no information – loud according to users
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 30.75″ x 19.94″ x 21.69″)
- Weight: cc. 80 lbs.
- Price range: US$ 150 (US$ 6.25 per bottle).
- Warranty: 5 years on compressor, 1 year on parts and labor
Pros & Cons (based on consumer reviews)
- inexpensive – one of the cheapest in this capacity category (18-24 bottles)
- easy to use
- great size
- gap between the door gasket and the cabinet hinging (no tight seal – will let in warm air)
- some users reported that the cooler malfunctioned and the wines froze.
- not really attractive
Overall Rating (1- 5 stars):
Go to Haier Wine Cellars or read our articles about other Haier Wine Refrigerator models: