The Danby Silhouette DWC1534BLS wine cellar is an affordable mid-sized wine cooler refrigerator (34 bottles storage capacity) recommended for home wine storage.
As one of the largest hosuehold appliance marketing and distributing companies in North America and with more than 60 years experience in the field, Danby extended its domestic appliance line with wine and beverage coolers ranging from small 6-bottle models to capacious, more than 100-bottle wine cabinets.
Review & Rating
The Danby DWC1534BLS wine cooler offers medium storage capacity. It can accommodate up to 34 standard sized (750 ml) bottles of wine which makes this unit ideal for beginner wine collectors.
The Danby Silhouette DWC1534BLS wine refrigerator’s compact dimensions allow you to integrate it in your kitchen cabinetry.
The black cabinet with stainless steel-trimmed glass door makes it an elegant, modern-looking wine storage unit that matches with most home decors.
The door glass is tinted to filter out UV light while providing clear view of your wines and it’s tempered ensuring good thermal insulation and stable temperatures inside the cabient.
The blue LED interior light enhances the display while it doesn’t generate much heat.
To further increase the cooling power and energy efficiency of the unit, the door is equipped with magnetic door gaskets for tight seal.
The door includes a lock & key set so that you can shut the wine cabinet to protect wines from unwanted access. Great feature if you have kids!
Another great feature of the door is that the hinge is reversible so that you can opt either for left-hand or right-hand door opening allowing you to find the most suitable placement in your home.
For a more sleek look and space saving the door handle is recessed.
The wine cooler has 6 slide-out flat wire shelves with stainless fronts. Each shelf can hold max. 5 standard sized bottles if arranged as shown in the manual of the appliance.
Capacity: 34 bottles Design:
Cabinet color: black, with black front grille
- thermopane, stainless steel-trimmed glass door
- semi-flush, cupped handle,
- lock & key,
- reversible hinging
Cooling method: compressor, auto defrost Number of zones: one Built-in/Freestanding: both, front ventilation, UL approved
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat, blue LED display
- Temperature Range 4°C – 18°C (39.2°F – 64.4°F)
Shelving: 6 pull-out wire racks with stainless steel front
Noise: some users say that the unit isn’t noisy at all, while others commented that it is a bit loud.
Electricity consumption: no information
Dimensions (H x W x D): 34 1/16″ x 15″ x 24 3/4″)
Weight: 86 lbs.
Warranty: 2 years parts and labor.
Temperature Setting & Display[GARD align=”left”]The Danby Silhouette 34-bottle wine fridge has electronic thermostat for setting the temperature between 39.2 – 64.4°F (4 – 18°C) which is a fairly wide range allowing you to chill whites or sparkling wine at cc. 45 – 48°F, or store red wine at cc. 55°F.
This is a single temperature zone cabinet meaning that you can adjust one cooling temperature for the whole unit.
The control panel is mounted inside the cabinet above the top shelf and it has:
- Up and Down push button arrows for increasing and lowering the temperature in 1° increments,
- On/Off switch for the interior light,
- small indicator light to show when the unit runs a cooling cycle,
- Blue LED display screen that indicates both current temperature inside the cabinet and the set temperature.
- To view which temperature you set the unit to, briefly press the Up or Down button and the set temp. will flash on the screen for around 5 secs after that it displays the current temperature again.Next to the screen there are two small indicator lights denoting whether you set the unit to display temps in °F or in °C. To switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius press both the Up and Down buttons for approx. 5 seconds.
When you plug in the wine cooler for the first time it will be set to 54°F (12°C).
One disadvantage of the Danby DWC1534BLS wine cooler refrigerator is that in case of power failure all settings will be lost and the factory setting will be used when the power comes back.
- Height: 34 1/16″ (86.5 cm)
- Width: 15″ (38 cm)
- Depth: 24 3/4″ (62.8 cm)
This is a 15-inch wide wine cooler refrigerator which can be conveniently built-in in the place of a kitchen trash compactor, under the counter. Note that the door needs 130° clearance to open and to be able to pull out the shelves for stocking up the cellar or retaining a bottle.
The appliance comes with 2 leveling legs with which you can adjust a level placement.
Price of the Danby DWC1534 wine cellar: approx. $740 – $820 ($21.8 – $24.1 per bottle).
Pros & Cons
Pros: attractive look, quiet (noisy according to some users)
Cons: a bit loud (quiet according to some users), shelving isn’t adjustable, in case of power outage the temperature setting will be lost.
- Danby Wine Cooler Refrigerators – Main page