After about a 18 months the LCD display quit working. After about 24 months it stopped cooling and got extremely hot inside, lost about $150 worth of wine. Then it started cooling again; WTF? So, shame on me, I put more wine in it, and lost that too. Piece of crap. I would never buy another Haier product again. But their stuff does LOOK good in the stores.
Haier HVUE08ABS Wine Cooler Review
- Capacity: 8 bottles (Bordeaux style, 750 ml)
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: triple pane tinted glass door with silver frame and curved stainless steel handle
- Cooling method: thermal electric
- Number of zones: one
- Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only, has leveling legs
- Temperature Control/Display:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat,
- Temperature Range: 54°F – 65°F
- central control panel is on the top door frame: push buttons to set the desired temperature if you do not want to use the automatic setting (dual setting for storing both reds and whites), incl. the interior light switch
- Display: LCD readout, can be set to indicate temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Shelving: 2 pull-out wire racks
- Interior Light: low-intensity LED lighting, you can turn it on/off by pressing the button marked with a bulb symbol: you can choose to leave the light on permanently or only if the door is open.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11 7/32″ x 18 1/8″ x 22 1/4″)
- Weight: cc. 26.5 lbs.
- Price range: US$ 78 – 120 (US$ 9.75 – 15 per bottle).
- Warranty: 1 year on parts and labor
Pros & Cons (based on consumer reviews)
- easy to use
- great size
- early failures, even complete break downs (within a couple of months)
- inability to cool to the lower end of the temp. range
- cheaply made
- poor customer service
Overall Rating (1- 5 stars):
Go to Haier Wine Refrigerators or read our articles about other Haier Wine Refrigerator models:
More 8-Bottle Wine Coolers.