The Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine cooler is a sleek, modern wine storage unit in the medium capacity range.
Electrolux is a European company with many decades of experience in designing and manufacturing quality home appliances that offer not only functionality but style and elegance.
Their Electrolux ICON™ products were specifically created to appeal to the people of the U. S.
Wine lovers will appreciate the versatility of the Electrolux ICON Professional wine coolers and those who look for a medium storage capacity wine refrigerator should consider buying the Electrolux ICON 48-bottle wine cooler.
Features of the Electrolux ICON Professional 48 Bottle Wine Cooler
The Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine cooler, model E24WC48EBS has sturdy stainless steel cabinet with matching stainless steel trimmed tempered glass door. The unit can be used as freestanding or built-in under the kitchen counter where it provides space-efficient storage for max. 48 bottles of wine.
The Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine fridge has 3 temperature zones each with its own temperature controls:
- The top zone is perfect for storing reds at 60°F (15°C),
- in the middle section you can place your favorite whites and keep them at 50 – 55°F (10 – 12°C), and
- the bottom zone can be used for chilling sparkling wine at cc. 45°F.
The temperature setting is mechanical.
There’s a knob on the control panel with 6 marked positions (with 6 meaning the coldest setting).
To adjust the temperature turn the knob in small increments clockwise for colder temperature and counterclockwise for a warmer setting.
The wooden front can be stained to your preference. The full-extension racks ensure easy and safe access of the stored wines.
The bottom rack, which is tilted to 45° is excellent for showcasing your most precious wines. It can hold 8 ordinary size wine bottles.
The door glass is tinted to filter out UV light but it still provides excellent view of the wines.
The door is reversible, the hinges can be removed and mounted on the other side changing the door opening from left to right or vice versa. The door features self-closing mechanism allowing automatic closing from 8-10 inches from open position.
The interior lighting turns on automatically when the door is opened and it can be set to stay on continuously. Note that if you keep the light on for a long time it’ll increase the interior temperature, especially in the top section.
- Height: 34 1/4″
- Width: 24 1/2″
- Depth: 24″
Price of the Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine cooler, model E24WC48EBS: cc. US$ 1600 – 1700 (US$ 33.33 – 35.42 per bottle).
Warranty: full 1-year warranty starting from the date of purchase covers all repair costs and replacements that prove to be faulty in materials or in workmanship.
Limited 2nd-5th year warranty: covers cost of repair works or replacements in the cabinet liner or sealed refrigeratiron system (compressor, condenser, evaporator, dryer or tubing).
Installing the Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine cooler
This is a zero clearance appliance meaning that you don’t have to leave space around the sides and at the back when you use it as built-in, however make sure you leave enough space in front of the front grille to ensure proper ventillation.
Allow also 3″ space between the opened door and wall because of the handle.
The Electrolux ICON™ 48 bottle wine refrigerator comes with four leveling legs with which you can place and level the unit effortlessly.
The wine cooler is shipped to you set to ON position but you can turn it off by turning the knob counterclockwise.
To maintain your wine cooler’s shiny new look clean the cabinet with stainless steel cleaner & polish about once a month.
Similar Home Wine Storage Units:
- A selection of 40-50 bottle wine coolers including affordable and more expensive high-end models.
- N’FINITY 50-Bottle Wine Cooler – an elegant and good-value dual zone wine cooler for free-standing or built-in use.
- Jenn Air Wine Coolers and Kitchenaid Wine Coolers have the same features and look: 46 bottles, mechanical thermostat, slide-out racks with natural maple fronts, 24″ width for undercounter buil-in placement.
- See other zero clearance, built-in wine refrigerators.
- The U-Line Echelon Wine Captain Dual Zone Wine Cooler contains two drawers with their own temperature controls.
- The Danby Dual Zone Wine Refriegartors offer affordable and attractive wine storage units.