You have a wide choice in 30-bottle wine coolers offered by retailers so it is a bit daunting to choose a unit the best suits one’s wine storage needs and budget.
To help you narrow your search for a reliable small home wine cellar browse the following selection of the best-rated 30-bottle wine coolers available on the market.
Most 30-bottle wine coolers are single-zone units, they don’t have two individually controlled compartments for chilling whites and storing/cooling reds.
Many 30-bottle wine coolers use thermoelectric (also known as Peltier-) technology instead of traditional compressor-based refrigeration.
30-Bottle Wine Coolers for Built-In Placement
Vinotemp VT-32 Wine Cooler
The 32-bottle wine frigde by Vinotemp is a popular choice because it is a moderately priced, compressor-powered unit that performs fairly well according to users.
- it has space for 32 normal size bottles (750 ml, Bordeaux style)
- comes with 6 pull-out wire racks
- black cabinet with vacuum sealed dual pane glass door with black frame and bar handle
- door hinge is reversible
- electric temperature control (temp. range 48ºF – 60ºF) and digital readout above the door
- interior lighting
- compact size, its 15″ width makes it a perfect replacement for a kitchen trash compactor
- the cooler vents in the front so you can build it in cabinetry under the counter
- contains eco-friendly R134A coolant
Dimensions of the Vinotemp VT-32:
- Height: 34 1/2″
- Width: 15″
- Depth: 23 1/4″
Price: cc. $620 – $700 ($19.4 – $21.9 per bottle). Find more Vinotemp wine refrigerators and details about a the company.
Similar Home Wine Cellars
- Magic Chef 30-bottle wine cooler, Model MCWC30MCG – a cheap freestanding unit for under $300.
- Vinotemp VT-28TEDS 28-Bottle Wine Refrigerator – cheaply made thermo electric unit for standalone placement.
- The EdgeStar 30-bottle built-in wine refrigerator received very good ratings by owners.
Marvel 30-Bottle Wine Cellar Model 30WC
Marvel makes higher-end refrigerators including elegant, compressor-operated wine coolers with full auto defrost.
- The Marvel Luxury Series 30-bottle wine cellar is an all-black unit: black cabinet with black-trimmed double-pane glass door and black interior.
- The door has an integrated full length bar handle.
- it stores 30 bottles of wine on 5 slide-out and 2 stationary metal shelves. The shelves are removable but the door has to be open for a minimum of 135º to be able to fully access and pull out the shelves.
- door swing is reversible so you can find the proper placement for it in your home
- Temperature range of the cooler is 42ºF – 63ºF.
- low-intensity interior light that can be switched on/off manually or automatically.
- Front exhaust system and the 15″ width and counter-height makes it perfect for zero clearance built-in use.
5 year warranty on compressor and sealed system, and 1 year warranty on parts and labor.
- Height: 34 1/4″
- Width: 14 7/8″
- Depth: 23 5/8
Price: cc. $1300 – $1400 ($43.3 – $46.7 per bottle).
TIP: EdgeStar 30-Bottle Wine Cooler for Built-In Placement
The CWR301SZ model by EdgeStar is a single-zone, compressor-operated unit with lockable door and a an upscale look: black cabinet with stainless steel framed glass front, and slide-out wood-trimemd metal shelves.
The EdgeStar 30-bottle wine cooler is one of the best-value option in the mid-sized, built-in category wine storages.
Avanti WC1500DSS 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
The Avanti 30-bottle wine cooler is a single-zone unit and is operated by compressor. It received fairly good reviews form owners higlighting the compact size, attractive look and reasonable price of the unit.
- Black cabinet with stainless steel-framed glass door which is tinted for UV protection and dual pane for maximum insulation.
- The 5 slide-out wire racks with natural wood front look elegant although they accommodate only bottles with max. 2 3/4″ diameter, wider bottles won’t fit.
- The curved stainless steel handle is removable.
- The lock on the bottom door frame is useful should you want to keep your wines locked away..
- Direction of door opening is reversible.
- The adjustable electronic thermostat can be set from 45ºF to 65ºF. There are factory settings for red wine, whites or sparkling wine which can be selected by a touch of a button.
- Digital display shows temperature either in ºF or in ºC
- Interior LED light
- Front venting allows for built-in or freestanding installation.
Cons Noted by Owners
In case of power outage the unit resets to factory defaults, you have to reset it to the desired temperature (if it differs from factory presets).
Dimensions of the Avanti 30-Bottle Wine Cooler:
- Height: 33 3/4″
- Width: 15″
- Depth (with handle): 25″Price: cc. $650 – $680 ($21.7 – $22.7 per bottle).
TIP: for a dual zone model with almost 30-bottle storage capacity take a look at the Avanti WC331DZD 28-bottle wine refrigerator.
Read reviews of other Avanti wine refrigerators.
Summit 33-Bottle Wine Cooler, SWC1535B
This 33-bottle model by Summit is a narrow unit that can be conveniently built-in under the kitchen counter.
With its black cabinet and silver-trimmed dual pane glass door it resembles the Vinotemp VT-32.
Further features are:
- 5 chrome-plated pull-out wire racks
- full-length stainless steel bar handle
- electronic controls for adjusting the temperature and LCD display in the top door frame
- temperature alarm mode: sound warns if temperature is out of the set range
- interior light
- Height: 33 9/10″
- Width: 14 3/4″
- Depth (with handle): 24 5/8″
Price of the Summit 33-bottle wine fridge: cc. $700 – $780 ($21.2 – $23.6 per bottle). Warranty: 5 years on compressor, 1 year parts and labor.
Freestanding 30-bottle Models
GE 30-Bottle Wine Refrigerator, Model GWS04HAESS
The GE PGWS04HAESS is a compressor-based single-zone wine cooler for standalone placement made by General Electric. It is well-made, dependable and one of the lowest-priced units of all the 30-bottle coolers available on the market.
Price: $500 – $550 ($16.7 – $18.3 per bottle)
TIP: Browse our list of overview and review articles on our Wine Refrigerator Reviews page.